RUN SCREAM RUN (Ypsilanti - 2019 - 5K)

  Run Scream Run 2019 Photos

19 Mile Drive



2019 Run Scream Run was a redemption run!  It was symbolic that I ran 6.2 miles because I made up for the 5K I couldn’t finish last year in combination with running a 5K this year.  This year I successfully I CROSSED THE FINISH LINE!!!  Crossing the finish line was my only goal. There were no costume or age group wins today for me.  I made a really funky costume on the spot just to have fun.  I miraculously set a personal best on my 10K time by 37 seconds!  (Seconds count a lot in the running world) I have no explanation for this.  I hadn’t run all week because the mechanical bull did a number to my right thigh last weekend in Montague.  It was scared I would get injured again today, but a week of rest seemed to heal it well.  

Everything brought back memories on the course.  I ran past the same curve and bush my leg gave out at last year, past the same water station I stopped for help.  I was nervous seeing those spots.  After I got past both I followed the 10K split with a great peace of mind.  FIRSTS TODAY INCLUDED: First time through a haunted forest and first time trying an apple cider slush (both of which I am a huge fan of) The haunted forest feelings may have been skewed due to daylight. I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS A SCARE RUN!!!! ….I probably should have took the title of the run a tad more literal.  I was totally out of breath for the last quarter mile of scares.  It is very hard to scream at the end of a 10K race, but it was a lot of fun.  The haunted forest was the area from last year I never got to see and was curious as to what it was.   
We took the kids back through the haunted forest and had a great time.  The kids laughed and got a big kick out of the haunted woods.  We got cider mill treats after the haunted forest.  They had amazing freshly baked warm donuts!  I saw Bob and Bobby dressed as KISS! Their costumes were amazing as they always are.  My costume was a hot mess.  The wings of the bat turned out great but it all went downhill from there.  The awkward mask resembled a nacho libre wrestler.  I put on my black bat onesie but it didn’t help.  The blue bat will go down in history as my worst running costume.  It will be laughed at.  I may salvage the wings for another future costume because they need redemption now.


Ypsilanti Page

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)