ROMEO PEACH RUN (Romeo - 2019 - 10K)

 Romeo Peach Run 2019 Photos

57 Mile Drive



The 2019 Peach Run was very hilly and it rained on us for about eight minutes.  I hadn't officially done a 10K since Chelsea in May.  I ran the 10K and Luke ran the 5K.  I liked that Luke came in before me.  We saw awesome dogs and ran through the best finish line of all time!!!  THEY HAD A GIANT BULLDOG MOUTH WITH TEETH!  The finish of the race was at a different location than the start.  Hanson's race staff had to move quick after the run started.  They were an extremely efficient crew. Trash on the course was not good.  I don't remember seeing a trash can but I saw cups everywhere.  It was the worst I’ve seen in aide station trash.  

The kids played at a park right behind the finish line while I ran.  They liked the giant sandbox and hill.  The cotton peach T-shirts were nice.  I saw Mike at a distance before he sped off ahead of me and caught him again at the finish to say, “Hi.”  The only finish line item for participants was water in pre-poured dixie cups and by the time I finished they had run out.  I have never seen a run run out of water (pun-intended).  I was hoping the Peach Festival would be going on, or that we would be able buy peaches downtown.  We had no luck finding peaches after the run.


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)