KONA CHOCOLATE RUN (Plymouth - 2017 - 5K)

 Kona Chocolate Run 2017 Photos

.8 Mile Walk



The 2017 Kona Chocolate Run was chilly!  Mother Nature dusted us with snow at the start.  It was a really cool light snow!  I walked to the start again just like I had at the Wicked Halloween Run.  I loved the hot chocolate in the warm tent.  Before I left for the run I made a thermostat of hot chocolate for a course marshal at the corner of our street.  She looked like she was freezing.  I saw Andrea and her family again.  They run the entire Kona series.  They got their series medals at the end of the run.  Since I just started running I did not do the Kona Shamrock Run back in March that would have completed the series.  The crown design of the series medal was cool.  I liked that the chocolate run had the same course as The Wicked Halloween run, mainly because I think it’s awesome running by our house.  It’s a fun course with the start in front of The Box Bar, a water station by The Garden Club Park on Sutherland Street and a finish line in front of The Penn Theater.  I got a zip up rain jacket instead of a shirt which they said in registration was valued at $45.  I didn’t think the jacket was as high quality as they described.  It was cool, but I never would have paid $45 for it normally.  Kona runs have high registration fees.  The chocolate run’s post-race bagels were a tad firm and the chocolate candies were not the best.  I liked the hot chocolate a lot.  I think other chocolate post-race treats may be even better in the future.


Plymouth City Page

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)