THE GREAT PUMPKIN RUN (Hartland - 2019 - 5K)

  The Great Pumpkin Run 2019 Photos

38 Mile Drive

The 2019 Great Pumpkin Run was another huge event!  It's done all across the country in the Fall every year.  They had 2,767 participants in Hartland alone!!! 😱😱😱 Spicer Orchards was listed as the "Detroit" Great Pumpkin Run with the city listed as Fenton.  I got excited about running in Fenton.  Jason has awesome family there.  When I looked at our GPS the morning of the run, the cider mill did not look like it was in Fenton.  The mailing address was Fenton but Spicer Orchards was actually in Hartland Township. I had to do some research.  I ended up confirming Hartland as the city.  Hartland was still a new city which was great. There are a handful of awesome runs to do in Fenton in the future. 

I was very sick and hadn’t run all week prior to The Great Pumpkin Run.  When we got to the orchard I was told I hadn’t registered for the Tough Pumpkin challenge.  I asked if I could register and they said they were out of pumpkins.  I was 99% sure they were mistaken.  It was sad.  I wanted to experience the challenge of carrying a pumpkin the entire 5K.  It was one of the biggest reasons I signed up for the run.  Jason went and bought me a five pound pumpkin from the cider mill and I ran with it.  I was so excited, even if I didn’t get a medal for it. 

We started in huge waves with a line that went way back into the Orchard.  Some of the waves were as large as small town runs.  It was raining at first and the course was extremely muddy.  It was so hard carrying what I thought was a small pumpkin for three miles!  I had to take a layer off at mile one because I overheated wearing their awesome hoodie. The mud was very slippery but fun to dodge and run through. 🤣🤣 I had to deep scrub my Mizunos after today. The medal ladies gave me the extra Tough Pumpkin Challenge medal at the finish.  I held the pumpkin up high for finish line photos.  I got two huge magnetic medals, an awesome tech hoodie and a glass of apple cider for running.  I've never gotten magnetic medals before.  They were really cool!! 

**Drumroll** 

…Spicer Orchards had gluten free cinnamon sugar donuts!!!  It was a great morning.  We left with goodies for everyone.  We took pictures with Halloween blow-ups.  Ryan had a bee land gently on his hand and didn't panic. The bee didn't sting.  It was just a friendly orchard bee.


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)