TORCH 180 ROCK N' ROLL (Fowlerville - 2019 - 5K)

  Torch 180 Rock N' Roll 2019 Photos

48 Mile Drive



The 2019 Fowlerville Rock N' Roll 5K was the best run for overall family fun!  They had games along the course which I have never seen before.  There were games at the finish.  The kids won a lot of tickets and got a lot of cool prizes.  It was a surprise color run!  I got hit in the eye with green powder on the last quarter mile by a young boy.  He felt awful.  I gave him a thumbs up and laughed.  He had one heck of an arm.  I was called the Joker by Harley Quinn because of my green face.  Volunteers sprayed us with squirt guns on the course!  We met Spiderman, Harley Quinn and one of my favorite superheros….Star Lord!!!  I just about died seeing Star Lord 200 yards from the finish.  Star Lord had Groot with him!  

The "roll" part of this race was so unique.  I loved seeing motorcycles and roller blades for the first time out on a course!  The course was flat and looped around the school.  We started and finished down the same half mile path.  There were a lot of volunteers and course spectators.  

After the run we bought tokens for pizza, nachos and slushes.  We hung out under the large tent and ate while listening to an amazing local band, Young Pioneer.  The Young Pioneer guys were so good!!!  They reminded me of my favorite band Lifehouse.  I don’t know how they haven’t signed a record deal.  

Luke and I both placed in our age groups and got to pick age group awards from an award table.  Luke choose a dog tag and I picked a thermo-mug.  All the awards had the Torch 180 logo on them.  I gave Corky a green head by touching him with my hand so he wouldn't feel left out.  The kids were given free school supplies!  That was unexpected and really helped us.  We tried out the wood skis (see videos).  They were so hard!  On the way home we stopped at the Brighton's old car show and listened to music on the water.  Corky met a lot of dog and human friends. 

Fowlerville Page


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)