THE LEGEND (Laingsburg - 2019 - 5 Mile)

  The Legend 2019 Photos

92 Mile Drive



2019 Legend was the completion of RF Events Serious Trail Series at Sleepy Hollow State Park in Laingsburg.  Waivers were signed at the registration tent for safety reasons.  That’s standard for RF trail runs.  They had a very scenic start and finish line.  The finish was up a short steep grass hill.  Sleepy Hollow is a cool name.  The park is huge surrounding Lake Ovid.  It reminded me of Pinckney State Recreation area.  I liked the five mile distance that kept me in nature longer.  I don't use headphones on trail runs anymore.  There are too many nature sounds to enjoy.  The course had some very narrow trail areas and some very enthusiastic volunteers that you could hear cheering a distance away in the woods.  I love the wood medals!  I now have three wood medals to hang up.  I came in second in my age group and got an awesome camping mug.  I especially love the green and black coloring on the mug.  It goes with the creepiness of Sleepy Hollow.  Compared to Road Ends many months ago my five mile time has definitely improved.  The kids had fun at the park area by the lake.  They rolled down hills a lot.  We went to Downtown Laingsburg after the run.  It was extremely small.  They had a huge city park that we stayed at for a bit.  You could do laps around it on the side walk.  It had to be almost the size of a track.  The bathrooms were not the best.  They were very creepy without lighting and lots of graffiti.  I put a stick in the main door to hold it open.  On our way home we were lucky to find a Chick-Fil-A in Owosso!!!  I almost drove us off the road turning into it I was so excited.  It was an amazing ending to our morning. I LOVE CHICK-FIL-A!!! 

 


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)