THE GREAT BACON RUN (Garden City - 2019 - 5K)

  The Great Bacon Run 2019 Photos

10 Mile Drive



Garden City is right down the road and only has one run a year that I could find.  It was a great local run with a hilarious theme!  From the medal rack presentation at the finish line, to the extra long finish line and T-shirt design, The 2019 Great Bacon run is an iconic event for the city of Garden City.  They had the most unique age group awards.  I wanted one so bad when I found out they were cute piggy banks!!!  I ended up somehow landing first in my age group. My Piggy Bank says, "1st place" on it. I love it.  I have it on the Yale Bolonga Run colored wood piece Jason got me.  It's the perfect spot!  Corky enjoyed the bacon I was given at the finish. We saw Andrea, Jake and their kids at the Garden City Soccer Club table and grabbed some Tim Bits.  The race had an awesome back drop race banner to take pictures by.  I loved watching the kids run before the 5K and 10K.  The course was a flat course through neighborhoods with a lot of turns ad volunteers.  The ending and beginning out of Garden City Park was very long and shaded.  Everyone had a wonderful time.  The kids ran through sprinklers and got hosed by Garden City Firemen.  We went to the Celiac Picnic in Farmington afterward where Luke could eat everything!  




Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)