WINGS OF MERCY (Linden - 2019 - 5K)

  Wings of Mercy 2019 Photos

50 Mile Drive



The 2019 Wings of Mercy was my first run without Jason after he left for his longest training in Georgia.  We went up to Linden with dad and Sue. Dad and Luke ran the 5K with me.  All three of us got our best 5K times on a super flat, fun, cool night course on a runway!  

Wings of Mercy has saved lives by means of volunteer pilots and staff.  I gave kuddos to the Ainsley's Angels I passed on the course.  They are truly inspirational pushing people that cannot run in wheelchairs.  They bring a lot of hope and happiness to people with special needs or medical impairments.  

I bought a great handmade Mountain Dew can airplane from a grandmother raising softball money for her grandson.  It was much cheaper than the ones I’ve always admired at the Plymouth Art Fair with the same quality.  The race volunteers were wonderful and very helpful.  Linden high school students put our registration bags together.  I met up and talked with one of the race directors.  They took my advice for a purple race t-shirt this year!  The shirt even glows in the dark!!

The course was the exact same as last year.  They played the airport take off sounds again but I was prepared this year!  All four of us (Sue included) really liked the event.  There were competitive walkers, dogs, Ainsley’s Angels and kids at Wings of Mercy.  It’s a very unique run that anyone can feel great coming to.  The finish line volunteers let Ryan and Will hand out medals to finishers!  Sue took a video.  That moment is my favorite memory for Wings of Mercy this year.  



 

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)