BEAT THE WHEAT (Westland - 2019 - 5K)

  Beat the Wheat 2019 Photos

5.6 Mile Drive



The 2019 Beat the Wheat 5K was Luke's first 5K!  It was an amazing choice as his first 5K being a Celiac Disease run.  He could eat everything at the race.  This year they did not have a raffle.  The course was the same 1.55 miles down Hines Drive and back starting from the grass arch.  This year the t-shirts were glow-in-the-dark.  It was awesome that Luke registered the year of glowing event shirts.  

Mom and Mary Jane walked the 5K to show their support.  It was so awesome for them to be there with us.  I had just run Flirt with Dirt making today a 10K split for me.  I want to run Beat the Wheat every year for Luke.  I also wanted to complete my Trail Series with RF Events for the first time.  Flirt with Dirt happened to be on the same day, but luckily the races were hours apart and very close in location. 

 Luke and I both got medals!  Mine was for a second place age group win and Luke's was for being an amazing kid and running.  They had finisher medals for kids under 10.  He loved his medal.  I never pressure any of our boys to run like me.  They know how much I run.  Luke came up to me out of the blue and asked if he could run a 5K with me one day.  I was really excited that he wanted to run.


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)