HEART & SOLE (Chelsea - 2019 - 10K)

  Heart and Sole 2019 Photos

30 Mile Drive



My second 10K was at the 2019 Chelsea Heart and Sole.  I knocked a few seconds off my martian time.  I struggle when 10K courses are two loops of a 5K course.  Constantly seeing new scenery on a course helps me a lot, especially while running longer distances.  The course was hilly and hot with little shade.  They had a nice loop that resembled a “P” where you could see other runners right next to you.  A woman told me I had a nice smile from her driveway.  Her nice comment helped me out a lot.  High schools are great venues for runs.  They have much better restrooms, more than enough parking and are spacious for gathering.  The tech shirt I got was really comfy.  I wish it was another color.  I get white shirts dirty too easily.  I liked stretching outside in the sun listening to their DJ’S music.  We went to the Chelsea Farmer's market after the run and got some amazing salmon and soap.  I got the best almond croissant!!  When I went back for another they had sold out.  The kids had a great time at the Farmer's Market playing with other kids.  Corky really enjoyed the farmer’s market too. Chelsea has a really nice downtown. 


Chelsea Page

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)