BURTON MEMORIAL DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

  Burton Memorial Day 2019 Photos

66 Mile Drive



The 2019 Burton Memorial Day Run was my first Burton Memorial Day run. I missed 2018. Unlike 2018, this sealed in my series medal incase I get injured again for the Veteran's Run in November. They gave all of us all ice cream bars after the race! Jason and the kids got ice cream.  I saw a handful of amazing dogs and the competitive walkers blew me away!  They had a sign-making station and all three kids made me a sign they were holding at the finish line.  Their signs were awesome. The run was very hot and flat with the sun beating down on us. 70 felt like 80 degrees.   I placed in my age group and got an awesome HUGE belt buckle style age group medal in addition to a surprise finisher medal at the finish. The engraved cutting boards for best overall runners were stunning.  I met some amazing men, one who ran with an American Flag, which I always love seeing, and one who does the Burton Series every year.  Awards were given out inside the school.  The cafeteria had super cool murals.  My favorite was the Star Wars storm trooper.  I chatted with and thanked the wonderful EMS guys as we were leaving. I learned that Crim is pretty intense when it comes to EMS needs.  We paid our respect at the Burton Veteran's Memorial after the run.  It was a beautiful memorial.  We met a veteran at the memorial.  We spent the rest of the day at the Kensignton Art Fair. It was our first time duck boating on Kensignton Lake. The DIA had an awesome tile art activity we all made. Ryan's cat tile was amazing and so abstract.



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)