TWINKIE RUN (Ann Arbor - 2019 - 5K)

  Twinkie Run 2019 Photos

17 Mile Drive



The 2019 Twinkie Run for ALS was awesome, although I didn't read the rules about eating the twinkies while running and ate my first one right away while waiting to start.  I carried my second twinkie to the finish for what I thought would be an epic picture.  I ran with some good running friends in Gallup Park.  It’s very scenic. I love the water at Gallup Park.  

I won a pint glass for an age group award.  I almost didn’t make it to the awards ceremony.  I started to leave thinking with all the fast young runners I saw there was no way I would have placed.  I ended up getting my favorite place of third in my age group.  

Sarah watched the kids while I ran.  It worked out because she works in Ann Arbor and got off work right before the race started.  I got to talk with Bob and Bobbie after the race.  They had both eaten two twinkies during the run.  They were grilling twinkies post-race for participants to have!  The Twinkie Run raises money for Active Against ALS, a local grassroots nonprofit that funds research for treatments and a cure.  

Ann Arbor Page

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)