ROAD ENDS 5 MILE (Pinckney - 2019 - 5 Mile)

  Road Ends 5 Mile 2019 Photos

31 Mile Drive



The 2019 Road Ends 5 Mile has a very fitting name. The road literally ends before the first mile of the course.  Pinckney State Recreation Area is absolutely beautiful.  It is an extremely difficult course.  I got my first wood medal! This was the first run of RF Events Serious Trail Series!  It was amazing.  Running just as the sun came up made for great scenery.  It was very peaceful with different sounds than other times I have run trails.  There was a slight mist in certain areas of the woods.  I had to jump over a few trees and got multiple water views on the course.  The finish line out from the woods was long and made for a great spectator area.  There was a guy near the end that talked about how he wouldn’t let a woman beat him.  I overheard the conversation.  He passed me with a group of guys.  It is true that men are usually faster runners than women, but that doesn’t mean a woman can’t beat a man, it just doesn’t happen frequently.  I don’t worry about things like that as a runner.  If you get really caught up in times and winning it can start to consume you overtime.   I got a snickers sundae afterwards.  I also love the series shirt!





Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)