MARTIAN INVASION OF RACES (Dearborn - 2019 - 10K)

  Martian Invasion of Races 2019 Photos

15 Mile Drive




First 10K the martian way!  My first 5K was a Zombie Dash and my first 10K was very fittingly the 2019 Martian Invasion of Races. I had a blast making the Flerken ship costume and won a blow-up alien for my efforts!  The ship took a lot of time.  I liked that it became a back-pack that was easy to walk around in.  I added a lot of humor to the Flerken ship.  I glued pictures of famous cats on it.  The race expo the night before the race was very fun for the kids. We got to see RF Event's undercover alien transport van.  We learned that RF Events drops off free alien blow-ups to homes on the course route in hopes they will blow them up and put them out for participants to see.   They had awesome vendors and a fun alien photo-opt.  Aliens were all around the building, even at the top of the rock wall in the gym!  My friend Jodi was wearing an awesome astronaut suit on race day. I attempted to duct tape my bib on and that ended very badly with it falling off at mile four.  I can’t believe it lasted that long.  Luckily because Martian Invasion had a marathon event, RF Events had video of their finishers and they were able to find me!  I was so relieved after finishing feeling miserable that my first 10K would have an official time .  The course was very flat with many turns.  I saw a lot of blow-up aliens out in yards and on porches.  The age group awards were glass wind catchers.  They were awesome.  Many half marathoners and full marathoners left clothing on the ground near the start.  It looked like an alien abduction had taken place and was very fitting.  I love the interactive martian race website.  The strong theme of this race makes it very fun.  


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)