HOODIE HOO (Harrison Township - 2019 - 5K)

  Hoodie Hoo 2019 Photos

47 Mile Drive



The 2019 Hoodie Hoo added a "Welcome Spring" costume contest this year.  I woke up at 5:00am and made a Pac Man theme costume.  Jason had to drive us because I was still constructing it in the car.  The costume had Pac Man with a lei and three of the ghosts wearing scarfs and hats.  Pac Man was chasing winter away by chasing the ghosts.  The kids did really well up on the stage with me.  We had only rehearsed a few times at the MetroPark.  We ended up winning us a $25 gift card to Hanson’s Running Shop which we later spent on running shoes for Luke. This Hoodie Hoo was my redemption run after a fractured pelvic bone stopped me from running halfway through the race last year.  I came in third place this time!  It was amazing.  I got to come up on stage and get a picture with two other awesome women.  They had incredibly inspiring older runners who thanked us for staying around for, “the old folks awards.”  After looking around I noticed a lot of participants had left after their age group categories were called.  The Hoodie Hoo was just as pet and family friendly as before.  They had candy on the tables, multiple places to take photos with the race logo and great food after the race.  The course was once again extremely scenic and cold.  Not quite as cold as when I was unable to run, thankfully.    


Harrison Township Page


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)