CORKTOWN RACES (Detroit - 2019 - 5K)

  Corktown Races 2019 Photos

26 Mile Drive



The 2019 Corktown Races were filled with Irish spirit!  I was very excited about the design logo of the Irish man and woman when I registered.  They had a very cool website.  
I decided on a costume theme of “Sham Rock N’ Roll.”  It turned into a very cool project making a full-size cardboard shamrock guitar that lit up.  I didn’t have to buy a lot for this costume.  I already had a green wig and decorated an old resale vest.  

Actual race day was very cold and windy.  It was not a good wig day!  I saw Kristin and took what turned out to be one of my favorite running pictures with her. Ryan and Luke ran the Emerald Mile.  Ryan was too Irish not to run with his birthday on St. Patrick’s Day.  There were so many people in Corktown.  The ground surrounding the registration tents was so muddy.  Everyone was trying to huddle inside them for warmth.  
I won best costume and got a shamrock hat statute!  A photographer took an epic shot of me with my guitar and the CPA building behind me.  I liked the medals and shirts but I was hoping the Irish lady and man would be on the medals and match the shirts.  I saw a lot of other amazing costumes and so much green in Detroit!  We had never been to Corktown before this run.  

Detroit Page


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)