GROUNDHOG MARATHON (Walker - 2019 - 1/6 Marathon)

  Groundhog Marathon 2019 Photos

148 Mile Drive



The 2019 Groundhog’s Day Marathon was the scariest experience I have had at a run.  I wore two layers of pants.  I had a thin black underlayer and a thick black Brook’s pant Jason had bought me to keep me warm from the Playmaker's store in Lansing.  I dressed too warm.  I felt nice and cozy at the start, which I now know is not what you want at a winter run.  With two miles left I couldn't feel the left side of my butt. It then became very painful and then went totally numb again. It was scary!  I could see the lights of the pavilion in the far distance and was panicked I wouldn't make it back.  I was alone and there were very limited volunteers on the course scattered in the first two miles.  On the plus side, the course along the river at night was very beautiful. I was also really excited about the awesome run hoodie.  It was Jason's 33rd birthday the next morning. I pulled my mental state together as best I could and pushed on.  I knew once I got over the bridge and crossed the river hope was near and I would be okay.  I finished freezing.  

The after run tent was warm with all kinds of cool stuff inside.  They had Groundhog’s Day playing next to an awesome photo booth that a long line had formed in front of.  I loved the groundhog mascot with shades.  There was seating everywhere with good food and music.  They also had a firepit outside.  I warmed up, got my picture and then ventured back out to find Jason and the kids.  They had stayed warm watching a video in the car.  Before we left a woman got stuck in the snow and Jason helped push her out with a few other guys.
 We found Chick-Fil-A for the first time on our way home! It was THE BEST!!!  It’s going to become a favorite of mine.


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)