BURTON VETERAN'S RUN (Burton - 2018 - 5K)

  Burton Veteran's Day Run 2018 Photos

70 Mile Drive

The 2018 Burton Veteran’s Run was very special with so many American Flags lining the start and finish area.  Veteran’s were all over the place.  The buffet of food after the race was amazing.  Corky came with us.  I took him to see if he could walk with me but his limit was a mile and he got carried 80% of the way the remaining two miles.  I had just recovered from my ankle fracture and couldn’t run yet but was determined to finish the series after missing Burton’s Memorial Run.  I got my series medal as I entered the cafeteria.  It was amazing.  It marks a very special accomplishment over a year’s time.  I also got a dog tag with the run logo on it!  I registered for the 2019 Hot Fudge Fun before we left at a convenient computer in the back of the cafeteria.  The Burton Race Series is my favorite Michigan running series.  



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)