THE ZOMBIE DASH (Grand Rapids - 2018 - 5K)

  The Zombie Dash 2018 Photos

142 Mile Drive



My second Zombie Dash in 2018 was my first time running in an event for two years in a row!  I had a fractured ankle and tried to run before it was healed.  I couldn't make it far out of the start corral before I had to walk.  I was upset, but still determined to finish the race walking.  I got lost on the course in the first half mile in Downtown Grand Rapids.  I met a great family who was also lost and we walked the rest of the race together.  They were from Lansing.  By the time we got to Apocalyptic Avenue the zombies were so sparse and tired we could walk and not be threatened.  The zombies were more for entertainment by that point.  I thought Pyramid Head from Silent Hill was really creepy and great.  He was on stilts!  He was not a zombie grabbing life tags.  He just walked creepily back and forth along Front Avenue NW.

I came in last with the cleanup crew behind me, officially the last in a race.  Getting lost was due to a sign issue in the first half mile through the city.  The race staff apologized for it after the race in a post on Facebook.  My Lansing friends and I must have not been the only runners that got lost.  We ended up walking an extra half mile off the course when we went straight through town instead of turning right.  There were some amazing zombies this year.  It was chilly which made walking more difficult.  Walking in the dark made it a lot scarier, especially through the tunnels along the river.  Grand Rapids is always beautiful in any kind of weather.  The Zombie Dash course is amazing as it takes you along the Grand River and through downtown.  I seem to get new "running firsts" every year at The Zombie Dash.  It's pretty cool to be able to say I came in last at a run.  It's not something I hope happens repeatedly, but once or twice makes for a good story.


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)