HOODIE HOO (Harrison Township - 2018 - 5K)

 Hoodie Hoo 2018 Photos

47 Mile Drive


The 2018 Hoodie Hoo was a wonderful 5K run around Lake Saint Clair at Lake Saint Clair Metropark.  It was one of my most scenic runs around water.  It was very cold running near the water in March.  There was a great indoor park building to with ample space for all participants and their families.  Jason and the kids stayed inside the building when I went out to start the race.  At almost exactly the half-way point of the race (1.5 miles) horrible pain set in near my inner thigh.  I slowed down and started to power walk to see if it would go away.  Walking still hurt, but not as bad as running had.  Other runners started to pass me and it quickly got very cold.  I saw my friend Jeff making a loop near me.  He was way ahead in the course.  Finally, I was left with walkers, a lot of which had dogs.  I enjoyed their company but was still very sad.  It was an extremely tough race for me to finish.  I came in nearly last in my age group and in the overall female category finishing at 47:36.  The post-race festivities back inside helped get my mind off my thigh pain.  Hoodie Hoo is extremely pet and family friendly.  They had an awesome award ceremony on a great stage.  I loved seeing the older runners and runners with dogs.  Dogs got their own age group medals.  Their finisher medal ribbons were glitter silver!  We got long sleeve shirts and a lot of post-race food that included bagels, candy and hot chocolate.  There were vendors stationed around the stage with dog and running products.  They had an awesome backdrop to take a picture with.  The pain in my thigh ended up being a fractured pelvic bone with took my eight weeks to heal from.  


Harrison Township Page

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)