WINTER LOOPS (Rochester Hills - 2018 - 2 Hour)

  Winter Loops 2018 Photos

44 Mile Drive



Winter Loops was my longest run to date.  I signed up without practicing for a longer distance.  I did nine miles in a two hour timed continuous run.  I got my ninth mile in with only 42 seconds to spare!  Winter Loops was my first real trail run!  I love trail runs.  This run was especially scenic with winter snow on the trees.  No headphones are needed.  Nature is amazing.  One runner was blasting cool music in the woods.  I liked the repetitive course.  It was awesome coming into check-in at the lodge and getting “loops” checked off.  I got to know the trail well after so many loops.  They had wonderful soup, a wood burning fire and nice race swag.  I got a medal and beanie hat.  I warmed up quick in the cozy lodge after the run was over.  I saw Crazy Jeff and Connie!  We stopped at Cabela's on the way home.   

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)