UNDIE RUN (Detroit - 2018 - 5K)

  Cupid's Undie Run 2018 Photos

26 Mile Drive



I DID THE CUPIDS UNDIE RUN! 
...What was I thinking! 

It got cancelled due to weather.  The city of Detroit felt it was unsafe with the amount of snow and ice on the roads to hold the large event.  The 2018 Cupids Undie Run became a huge indoor drinking dance party in underwear that I was not interested in.  

I met Bob from Century Club for the first time in our underwear.  That's a great ice breaker.  He always does a theme where his boxers match his hat.  I put together a great purple sloth outfit with a matching purple wig that I ordered online.  I had knee high purple sloth socks and a small sloth plush that clipped on.  

Bob and I met a group of undie runners by the giant cement Detroit Tigers Paws statue and took some funny group shots.  I got picked up by a random guy and twirled around.  We decided to run around Tiger Stadium because we were bummed the run had been cancelled.  I learned real quick from my half mile run that I would have died running a mile with the temperature in Detroit.  I was absolutely freezing.  Bob was nice enough to drive me to Jason so I could get into warmth quicker.   

I had a wardrobe malfunction I was unaware of at the event.  It was on the internet for 12 hours.  Bob uploaded his album from the day and fell asleep without noticing the problem.  I tried to write him but I didn't hear back until the morning.  The next day I went out and drew a picture of what had happened on my afternoon run.  It turned out pretty hilarious.  

We still ran a mile in Detroit!  

I will never do The Cupid’s Undie Run again, not because of my bra issue, because of the pure cold.  It was worth it for a one time experience of a lifetime.  The Undie Run happens all over the country to bring awareness for NF (neurofibromatosis), a terrible genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerves over the body.  This was the Undie Run’s 6th annual event in Detroit.  I loved the venue of The Filmore on Woodward Avenue.  It made for great photography in the winter.  The Detroit event usually brings in around 700 runners.  The Undie Run makes the connection/symbolism of their almost nude runners to people with NF who are often to afraid or self conscious to show their bodies in public. They donate to The Children's Tumor Foundation.  




Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)