MUD PI RUN GRAVEL CAPITAL BREWERY (Oxford - 2021 - 5K)

  MUD PI RUN Gravel Capital Brewery 2021 Photos

46.8 MIle Drive


 

Registration: 

 

Michigan Brewery Series has easy registration done through EventBrite.  I feel that their race prices are on the higher 5K end.  When I ran in Ferndale at B. Nektar Meadery I felt like I didn’t get as much for my registration. Today in Oxford I felt like I got A LOT for my registration.  You never know what to expect from swag and food at Michigan Brewery Series.  It can be amazing or just so-so.  Packet pick-up is always fast with friendly staff.


Course: 


The course started behind Gravel Capital Brewing Company in a good size parking lot.  We made a right out of the parking lot onto East Street followed by a left on Louck Street past Village Apartments which took us to the Poly Ann Trail.   From there it was straight down the Poly Ann Trail past Koenig Sand and Gravel and back the same way.  I saw Jason and the kids on the trail at an area with some picnic tables and an old brick fire pit.  It was a slightly muddy gravel course.  The gravel was great considering the name of this particular brewery.  There was one winding slope after crossing State Street that was a slightly hard climb on the way back.  The course had multiple water views.  I really liked the finish through the parking lot and under the Michigan Brewery Series arch by the table of pies.  I tried to zigzag through the parking lot to get closer to a 3.10 mile distance when I saw how short it was. 


Swag: 


I got another Grandma’s Confections reusable grocery bag with a 15% off total purchase at Achatz Pie Company and an awesome short MUD PI RUN beer glass.  There was not an open table with choosable swag this time.  As far as I know, all participants got the MUD PI pint glass. 

 

Food: 


I got a free beer at Capital Gravel Brewery Company which I gave to Jason.  He wasn’t a fan either but we got cool pictures in a brewery with a glass of beer!  The popcorn they gave us was amazing and the Coke was a relief from the beer for us.  The kids liked the popcorn too.  I got the best slice of Cannoli Pie from an Oxford Bakery called Achatz Pie Co. With my registration I also received a coupon for 15% off a purchase at the bakery.  The run staff were so nice.  They gave us two extra pie slices for the kids. 

 

 

Awards:


As long as I have run Michigan Brewery Series runs they have not done awards for participants.  Their runs do not have bibs or official 5K results.  

 

City Notes: 

 

Oxford was a really fun town to explore with the family.  Oxford has a large downtown with a lot of shops.  I did not see as many empty stores or real estate signs in windows.  It was nice to see a small town that had made it without losing as much.  We went into Gravel Capital Brewery first.  I got my first experience in an actual tap room versus a bar.  I was hoping to get food and it was just popcorn and drinks.  It was really cool in Gravel Capital.  The décor inside was amazing.  We walked down to the Covered Wagon Saddlery.  It had great decorations outside and the inside was sensory overload for me.  I don’t ride horses, but I still really enjoyed the store.  I would love a good pair of cowgirl boots one day.  They had temporary horse hair dye!  Funky Monkey Toys was our second stop.  The kids had a lot of fun trying out toys.  They had a store dog!  I love dogs that come to work with their owners.  Their bathroom had a disco light!  That was a first for me.  It was amazing.  We bought a water game for the kids.  We drove to Achatz Pie Company and I got two Cannoli Pies and a chocolate brownie for Jason.  We gave one pie to Jason’s parents.  We tried Guido’s Pizza on the way back home.  It was very good and they had gluten free pizza! 

 

City Sign:


The Oxford city sign was right off Hwy 24 or South Lapeer Road by Rite Aide.  We saw it coming into town. It was a cool wooden sign with nice details and design, it just needed some fresh new paint.   


Other Awesomeness:

 


We saw a white Lamborghini on our way to Oxford with the license plate “Lambo T.”  It was an awesome rare find!


They had the best smelling hand sanitizer at check-in that I haven’t had any luck finding.  It was apple cider scent and felt great on the hands, almost like a lotion.  


Oxford had a really awesome clock built into the top of a building that had awesome architecture.  I wish the Michigan Products Store would have been open.  Michigan stores are a weakness of mine.  


Oxford had a unique and fun looking bowling alley and a very cool army helicopter with teeth and eyes! 


I registered for the MUD PI RUN the day of the event which is something I rarely do.  The Michigan Brewery Series staff mentioned they would be in Oxford when I talked with them in Ferndale.  They told me I should come up and that they still had spots.  I didn’t want to turn down the offer and Oxford wasn’t far.  I’m very glad we came even if it was just to discover Achatz Pie Company, they make the best Cannoli Pie which is now officially my favorite pie.  


Michigan Brewery Series has a punch card for each run you do in their series. Rewards are as follows (copied from their website on Eventbrite):


1 EVENT TO GET YOUR PUNCH CARD

3 EVENTS, GET A SECOND BEER

6 EVENTS, GET A FREE T-SHIRT

ALL THE EVENTS, GET A SPECIAL “I RAN THEM ALL” SWAG AWARD


It is a pretty awesome card and great idea to get participants to come back again and again for Michigan Brewery Series events.  It reminds me of RF Event points.  I’ve scored a free run running so many RF Events.  ^_^







Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)