QUARRY CHALLENGE (South Rockwood - 2019 - 5K)

  Quarry Challenge 2019 Photos

30 Mile Drive


The 2019 Quarry Challenge had an awesome dinosaur theme!! I wrote in my 2018 race feedback that the blow-up dino was critical and that they could expand with dinosaurs. We were sad to find out they didn't do the fossil hunt this year and that there was no after party at the library.  :( This was Luke's first intense run down two hundred feet of gravel and he blow us away with his time! The kids had fun doing their own mineral extraction while they waited for us. The course signs were hilarious. They go down as the best inspirational signs of all time. I love the, "Running makes the ground feel needed."  ^_^ Jason got some great Quarry shots. We not only took a photo with blow-up dino this year, we got on the giant bulldozer as a family! Blow-up dino climbed up too, it was epic. The race director from Run Thru Hell got cheered on as the last finisher. He was amazing. He is a veteran. I got first place in my age group by some miracle as I came down with awful cramps and had to power walk a lot. I love my dino pint glass. We loved the foam rock to hold up for pictures. The bus drivers were amazing as always.


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)