DART FOR ART (Ann Arbor - 2019 - 1 Mile)

  Dart for Art 2019 Photos

18 Mile Drive



Dart for Art had amazing handmade finisher medals from Ann Arbor artists. I was hoping to get my Athlinks mile time down.  I’ve had a 14 minute mile from my Hot Cocoa classic for years.  Hot Cocoa Classic was only my third official run and it was up a giant ski hill.  I didn't get to run the Dart for Art mile.  I was very thankfully Luke got to run with my friends.  Luke had amazing race pictures!  He looked like a cross country star in them.  The runner next to him in the pictures had the same expression on his face.  They were hilarious.  I do not have that fantastic form.  

It was awesome seeing Suzy and her husband timing the race!  I got to see Kristin and Mike too. I did my virtual mile at home at McClumpha Park the next morning so I could hang my medal up.  It ended up being my fastest mile of all time.  It’s too bad it will never be official.  Now I must look for another race with a mile length in the future.   

The shirts we got for participating were the softest race shirts.  Before the race started Ryan fell out of a tree, cut his lip, but got right back up and said he wanted to climb back up it.  I can still see an object falling behind me out of the corner of my eye with a huge thunk as it hits the ground.  It made us all laugh.  



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)