FLIRT WITH DIRT (Northville - 2019 5K)

  Flirt With Dirt 2019 Photos

9 Mile Drive



I love Maybury State Park.  I practice there to get trail workouts in and we walk the trails a lot with the kids.  I was so excited when I saw the 2019 Flirt with Dirt was moved to Maybury this year for the second run in the Serious Trail Series.  It was originally planned to be in Lake Shore Park.  Construction on the trails caused the venue change.  I ran the course three times the week before the race.  I eventually got it down, but I made a few wrong turns the first time.  We walked the course the night before.  I saw my friend Jodi from RF Events at church and found out she will be the Race Director of the 2019 Liberty Fest Run!  We had a long corral with flags for our start.  The course was well marked.  It went through all my favorite areas of Maybury.  The finish was a turn from total shade into a bright sunny clearing by the parking lot.  All the people appeared so suddenly.  I really liked that end to the race.  I love trail running!  I got a cool campfire mug for an age group award and another great wood finisher medal.  

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)