EARTHDAY 5K (Brighton - 2019 - 5K)



31 Mile Drive



The first annual 2019 Earth Day Run up Mount Brighton was a last-minute change when I had to miss the Houghton Lake Trail Run. I registered at the run, something I don’t do very often.  It must have been meant to be because we won a $50 Bass Pros gift card and five beautiful glass straws during the recycling raffle. We brought in an old cell phone and toothbrushes. The Howell Nature Center had set up animal exhibits with a hawk and opossum.  The opossum was amazing and very sleepy.  The hawk on the other hand was very alert.  It was also a very tiny hawk.  The course mirrored the Hot Cocoa Classic going up and around Mount Brighton and through the golf course.  We took the back way around Mount Brighton and did not go to the very top.  It was muddy on the course.  They had a great award ceremony.  It was very relaxing and comfortable.  We all ate bananas and admired the animals.  I placed in my age group and was told I would get a ski gift certificate for Mount Brighton in the mail. Overall male and female winners got amazing wooden handmade plagues.  The kids were given free dog stuffed animals with Earthday shirts on them.  I got a great event shirt, a blue recycled silverware set with a case and a $5.00 gift card to Simply Fresh Market in Brighton.  We went to Simply Fresh and I got a giant cinnamon roll and fresh fruit.  The meaning behind this run was fantastic. I always love a good run up Mount Brighton. 


Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)