QUARRY CHALLENGE (South Rockwood - 2018 - 5K)

  Quarry Challenge 2018 Photos

30 Mile Drive

The 2018 Quarry Challenge was the most challenging course to date for me, but also one of the most memorable and amazing. We ran down and back up a 200 foot hill out of the quarry! The kids did a fossil hunt while I ran. The course was all gravel with many up and downs. It had amazing limestone views. I even saw waterfalls! There was a party at the library following the run. They raffled off gift cards and had hot dogs, face painting and bounce houses. I won an awesome adult book package from the library and a third place pint glass in my age group. I got to high five a blow-up dinosaur at the finish. We rode a bus in and out of the quarry! I have stats comparing the elevation gain of the Quarry Challenge and Mackinac Bridge Run.



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)