HEROES ON HINES (Plymouth - 2018 - 5K)

  Heroes on Hines 2018 Photos

2.2 Mile Drive



Jason was in Atlantic City during the 2018 Heroes on Hines. I took the kids with me to packet pick-up the day before the run at Nankin Mills.  The kids loved seeing the aquariums during packet pick up.  I had no idea there were live creatures at Nankin Mills.  I got creative with our pictures of the reptiles and amphibians.  I got to see my great RF friend Jodi!  During registration I was asked what hero agency I wanted to run for.  I choose the Plymouth Police because I lived in Plymouth.  I wanted to find a few Plymouth police officers for the running aIbum.  I met two police officers who were doing a drive-by down our street.  They liked Corky.  I got a picture with them.  I also went to the township hall and got a picture with another police officer.  I didn't know about Sgt. Lee Smith and was heartbroken to hear about his tragic hit and run on Hines Drive while he was running.  He was only months away from retirement.  I saw the banner for him hanging on the overpass on the course and two women holding his sign when I finished.  The course was straight down Hines Drive and back for all distances.  They even had a half marathon event.  It was hot with little shade.  After the run I saw my running friend Dave who does a lot of Hines Park running.  I won a super cool age group beanie.  RF Events does a lot of five deep age group awards.  I felt as though I was coming down with a cold.  Running was difficult but made me feel better.  I feel like running unclogs sinuses.  



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)