HOWELL MELON FEST RUN (Howell - 2018 - 5K)

 Howell Melon Fest Run 2018 Photos

39 Mile Drive

The 2018 Howell Melon Fest Run was part of the 41st Howell Melon Festival in Downtown Howell.  I was sad that they didn’t have finisher medals or t-shirts.  I felt like I left empty handed.  It was a big crowd at check-in squeezed in a small space.  We somehow got a great parking spot in town.  Mom and Sean stopped by and were at the finish with Jason and the kids.  The run was slightly hilly and went past Lakeview Cemetery and Thompson Lake.  A pontoon boat on the lake was blaring awesome dance music for participants.  That was something I will always remember.  I got a free cup of melon ice cream for registering which was so good.  We bought the kids scoops too.  We found great food trucks and a blow-up entertainment area for the kids that was free.  There was another blow-up area but they required pricey wrist bands.  It was a fun night.  I like the logo for the Melon Fest.  That was another reason I was hoping for a shirt or medal to take home.



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)