BURTON HOT FUDGE RUN & WALK (Burton - 2018 - 5K)

 Burton Hot Fudge Run 2018 Photos

69 Mile Drive



The 2018 Hot Fudge Run was my fastest 5K since I began running in late October.  My time really surprised me with the cold temperatures.  The Burton Race Series was my first running series.  I didn’t know what to expect from it.  I love the fact they have a series competition medal that is given out at their last run of the year in November.  The run started and finished at Bentley High School.  It was a nice venue.  I met a blow-up marshmallow man when we arrived.  That’s when I knew the series was special.  We ran over 69 on an overpass!  It was awesome.  It had a spiral ramp up to the top on both sides.  I came in 4th in my age group.  The post-race atmosphere back in the school was amazing.  They had awesome fruit, graham crackers and marshmallows with chocolate to dip them in.  They also had hot chocolate and chili!  We went to Frankenmuth after the run for our free birthday chicken dinners.  I brought a new purple sloth plush.

In the words of Burton Kiwanis Club President Debbie Newton:

"We go over the highest point in Burton on the overpass of the expressway and through the neighborhoods, enjoy melted fudge with fruit."



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)