DETROIT TURKEY TROT (Detroit - 2017 - 5K)

  Detroit Turkey Trot 2017 Photos

27 Mile Drive


The Detroit Turkey Trot was my first run with more than 10,000 participants!  It was my first costume win!  I didn't expect my Harley Quinn costume to win with so many people in costumes.  I decided to make Turkey Quinn the night before the run.  I think she contributed a lot to the win. The judges inquired specifically about her in their questions.  It took a lot of time to make her.  Jason took on the designing and I was in charge of paint.  I didn't make it back to my car in time to put my huge mallet away after the my visit with the judging panel and had to run all three miles with it.  It was hard.  I kept passing it between hands for breaks. I won $100 in Carhartt gift cards for the costume win. I bought a shirt, purple purse and Jason got a really nice toolbelt. I loved this run.  The Turkey Trot is officially a huge highlight of my running.  I love making costumes.  I will be back every year.  

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)