IDIDARUN XC (Linden - 2019 - 4 Mile)

  Ididarun XC 2019 Photos

49 Mile Drive



The 2019 Ididarun XC was a beautiful and cool night trail run with a bonfire and amazing soup buffet.  It was my first time registering for a run the day of the event.  It was a little risky after driving a good distance but it all worked out.  I still got personalized Ididarun tech socks.  The course was two loops around Linden High School.  I did the four mile solo run.  I had talked to two runners standing in line before the race.  The younger one of the two I spoke with I saw screaming on the ground as I ran up a hill next to a giant bonfire.  I stopped to make sure she was okay.  Three other runners and two course marshalls told me help was on the way.  I lost third place by 30 seconds because I stopped for the hurt runner.  They gave out amazing plaques for placing!  I stayed around an hour after the run because they did not post results.  I came across the runner that got hurt getting soup.  I asked how she was doing.  She asked if I saw how fast she was going when we started. 

The soup buffet was amazing back in the school cafeteria.  Every soup was homemade from race staff and participants.  I kept taking soup and bread out to my family who were waiting for me watching a movie in the van.  I was really sad that I missed getting a plaque when I know I could have.  Jason made me a fourth place plaque at our local engraving store.  I have it on my running wall.  I really love the socks from the run! 




Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)