LIGHT UP THE NIGHT (Saginaw - 2018 - 5K)

 Light Up The Night 2018 Photos

97 Mile Drive


Light Up The Night was one of my favorite 5K's.  Saginaw had beautiful medals that lit up when you pressed a button on the top!  They were little light bulbs!  Their race shirts were very colorful with huge writing.  I got an interesting chip tag at registration.  I was told to tie it to my laces.  I’ve never had that kind of chip timing.  I had to return it at the finish line.  

The event had amazing family activities from beginning to end.  The kids got to sit in a helicopter and then watch it take off.  They made watercolor art.  They got cool dinner plates.  The danced next to a large stage.  Police officers were playing football with kids in the field.  We took a fun photo booth picture.  We saw awesome horses and a fire truck ladder extended!  They had blow-up slides!  There were endless activities!  

The course was a beautiful river run that took place in the evening.  It was for a great cause to keep the Saginaw community safe.  Older runners always inspire me.  I saw a woman in her 70’s crossing the finish line at an amazing time just over 30 minutes!  We found an awesome park with giant crayons on the way home.



Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)