SHAMROCK RACE (Plymouth - 2018 - 5K)

 Shamrock Race 2018 Photos

.8 Mile  Walk


The 2018 Shamrock Run was my first 5K walk in the middle of an eight week recovery from a pelvic fracture.  I dressed up the giant plush dinosaur Baxster that I had in many of my recovery photos.  I decorated the kids wagon and made it a mini float with Baxster in it for St. Patrick’s Day.  It was extremely festive, green and shamrocky.  I was the fourth to last female in my age group to finish the 5K and 205/223 overall for the one mile.  Pulling a wagon was tough.  I think an 18 minute mile was pretty good with my unique circumstances.  I was happy to be out walking.  It didn’t cause me pain as running still did.  I took home first place in the costume contest.  I got a race pint glass for the costume win.  I also got two separate shamrock medals for the 5K and one mile.  I got to walk with Andrea for both events.  

Plymouth City Page

Comments


Popular posts from this blog

BURTON VETERAN'S DAY RUN (Burton - 2019 - 5K)

NEW YEARS EVE FAMILY FUN RUN (Belle Isle - 2019 - 5K)

Run for the Arts (Interlochen - 2022 - 5K)